Crystal Palace Fun Runners – Club Rules
Title and objective
- The Club name is “Crystal Palace Fun Runners” and the colours of the club are blue and red.
- The objective of the club is to promote running for people of all standards in a friendly atmosphere.
Management of the Club
- The Executive Officers shall consist of the Chairman, the Secretary and the Treasurer.
- All Executive Officers shall be proposed, seconded and elected by a simple majority vote at an Annual General meeting (AGM). They shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting when they shall retire but shall be eligible for re-election.
- Executive Officers may only serve for a maximum of 3 consecutive years. They can however remain part of the management committee if elected.
- The entire management of the Club shall be vested in a ‘Management Committee’. This will consist of the Executive Officers & Ordinary Officers (not more than 15% of all members).
- The Ordinary Officers shall be proposed, seconded and elected by a simple majority vote at the AGM if more than one candidate is forthcoming, otherwise Ordinary Officers may be appointed by the Executive Officers. They shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting when they shall retire but shall be eligible for re-election.
- Seven members of the Management Committee (including at least 1 Executive Officer) shall form a quorum.
- The Executive Officers, by a simple majority vote, have the power to fill any vacancy that may arise within the Management Committee or establish new/additional positions on the Management Committee or within the Club as required.
- The Management Committee, by a simple majority vote, have the power to remove any of the Ordinary Officers on the Management Committee if it is deemed that their involvement is not conducive to the running and/or objectives of the Club.
- Neither the Club nor the Management Committee shall be liable for injuries incurred by Club members running on official Club nights or in their own time.
- Membership of the club is open to all persons aged 18 years and over.
- An application for Membership of the Club (and each renewal) must be made on a form provided for the purpose and accompanied by the appropriate subscription fee.
- Members shall be admitted following satisfactory completion of the application process in respect of Rule 18 and subject to Rule 23.
- Every member shall be bound by and adhere to both the Club and Safety Rules. Failure to do so will result in the member being dealt with in accordance with Rules 25 through to 30.
- The Executive Officers reserve the right to refuse new and/or renewal of any application for membership.
Welfare of Members
- The Club shall not tolerate the physical or mental abuse, harassment, discrimination or defamation, of any of its members. All incidents of abuse should be reported to the Welfare Officer or Club Executive
- Reported incidents will be investigated by the Welfare Officer and Club Executive, and if substantiated will be dealt with under the Misconduct rules.
- The annual subscription of the Club is payable on the 1st April of each year. For new members joining after 1st October the annual membership shall be reduced to 50% for the remainder of the year. For new members joining in March, the annual Membership will be extended to a 13 month period at the annual fee.
- All subscriptions must be paid on or before the 3rd occasion of running with the Club.
- The annual subscription of the Club shall be decided at the AGM.
- All subscriptions shall be paid online directly to England Athletics further to completing the online membership form.
- The Management Committee are entitled to suspend any Member whose subscription is four weeks in arrears
London Marathon Places
Club Volunteering Places: The Club may receive a place or places for the London Marathon, provided by London Marathon Events in return for help provided by volunteers from the Club at various race events each year. Any such places will be allocated to Club members by holding a draw. In order to be eligible for this draw, members must meet the following criteria:
- have been a member of the club for at least 1 full year
- have volunteered at least one London Marathon Event during the preceding 12 month period at the time of the draw
- have been rejected from the main VLM ballot (and able to provide email or rejection slip proof)
- has not been the recipient of a club place for the preceding 2 years.
These places are non-transferable and any disputes will be resolved by the Executive Committee.
EA/UKA Places: The Club also receives places for the London Marathon from England Athletics, this is based on the number of registered UKA athletes we have at the beginning of the year. Only UKA registered athletes are entered into this draw and you must have been a member of the Club for over one year at the time of the draw and have registered at the start of the club year (April). These places are non-transferable and any disputes will be resolved by the Executive Committee.
- The Club reserves the right to discipline or expel from the club any member, whose conduct is not conducive to the aims or interests of the club or its members, or whose behaviour is likely to bring the Club into disrepute or fails to abide by the rules laid down by the Club. These rights shall be exercised by the Executive Officers on behalf of the club.
- Reports or allegations of misconduct will be investigated by the Executive Officers with relevant evidence obtained from the member(s) concerned.
- The appropriate penalty will be set by the Executive Officers.
- The member will be informed of the decision as soon as possible.
- The member disciplined or expelled may appeal against the Executive decision in writing within 7 days of being notified of the decision.
- The appeal will be dealt with by the Management Committee subject to rule 7.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the general finances of the Club.
- Club monies will be banked by the Treasurer in the account held in the name of the Club.
- Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signature of authorised signatories only.
Annual General Meeting
- An Annual General Meeting shall be held during the month of February each year to receive the Committee’s report and financial statement, elect Executive Officers and deal with any other matter specified on the agenda. Ordinary Officers will be selected according to Rule 7. The Secretary will give at least 28 days notice of the meeting. Notice of any business which is desired be placed on the agenda must be given in writing to the Secretary at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
- At the close of each year, a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and presented at the Annual General Meeting. The Secretary will keep and distribute minutes of the meeting.
Special General Meeting
- A Special General Meeting can be called by the Executive Officers or if the Secretary receives a requisition in writing signed by not less than ten members of the Club stating the business to be discussed. Only the requested business shall be discussed.
Alterations to the Rules
- No alteration or addition to the rules may be made except at the AGM or a Special General Meeting called for that purpose. Notice of any proposed alteration or amendment must be given as provided in Rule 36. The rules will be amended by a simple vote of the Management Committee subject to Rule